Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday Frustration

For this first time this week, I had no errands to run, no appointments to keep, no laundry to do. I was looking forward to a nice day of relaxing and knitting. Yesterday I finished the first Kieler Sprotte sock and cast on for the second.

See? First sock, nice and comfy:


After a few rows of knitting this morning, I looked more closely at sock-in-progress and realized that I'd made a mistake in the pattern about 9 rows back. It was very obvious, too. So I spent my power-knitting day tinking.

This is all I've got on sock 2 so far:


All that extra yarn? That's from ripping back. Clearly, I haven't even managed to get back to where I was when I found the mistake.

And it's not like I'll have much knitting time this weekend. There's baseball tomorrow morning, a bike race for Mr. T Sunday morning, work for Mr. T tomorrow, and then Sunday Mr. T leaves town for a business trip.

On a non-knitting note: my vote for idiot of the month? Former Congressman Tom Tancredo, for comparing the group La Raza to the KKK.

Have a great weekend, everybody.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, that is so sad. :-(

The finished sock is stunningly beautiful though. You need those see through sneakers!

k