Friday, May 14, 2010

Procrastination


This is where I am right now with Elegant Empire. The main knitting is done. I need to kitchener the two back pieces together, then pick up stitches to knit the front band. Almost done. But I know that I'll need patience, time, and concentration to do the kitchenering, and when will that happen? Uninterrupted quiet time... what a concept. I was hoping for today. Maybe after lunch. We'll see.

In the meantime, since I'm so close to finishing this sweater, I'm starting to ponder what to knit next. I do have a shawl on the needles that I can work on, and a couple of pairs of socks, but I also want to get another sweater going. Unfortunately, nothing's really leaping out at me at the moment. Maybe it's partly because I feel kind of lumpy and all the cute sweater patterns out there right now are pretty fitted. I have a couple of possibilities that I'm letting mature in my mind. We'll see.

I've also done more on the Lagoon socks, but they're just plain old stockinette, toe-up socks. Nothing that requires much concentration or expertise. However, they are very mesmerizing :)


It was serendipitous that I managed to get the heel to start right where the right color is! I'm very pleased about how that turned out. I hope I can swing that in the other Twisted Fiber Arts yarns that I have.

Sooo, all three of you out there... if you have any good sweater recommendations, let me know!

1 comment:

kippi said...

Love the socks. I would be petrified that I couldn't get the next sock to match that one! the heel placement/color is perfect.

Did you start your next sweater yet?

How about Point and Line Cardigan in WM like Jovi did?

Audrey in Unst?

Harumi?

Kelso?

Katrina? (I'm using my Molly for this one)

Nantucket Red

A Little Something

Wahington Square. (not out yet, but I love it)

Amelia

Kaleideoscope

Decimal (without the flare sleeves, like this: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/haveyouanywool/decimal)

Okay I'll stop now.