Saturday, September 25, 2010

Juggling

My new scheme has me juggling many different projects. Sometimes it seems like I'm not making a whole lot of progress on one individual item, but the truth is that as I rotate, I am getting somewhere! Last week I showed you the finished body for my Hallett's Ledge sweater, and now I can show you the finished body for Paper Crane:


Now I can start sleeves. The original plan was to go back and do Hallett's Ledge sleeves and then Paper Crane sleeves, but now I'm not so sure. Hallett's would go a lot faster, and therefore be done sooner, but it's a heavier sweater, more suited for later in the season. However, while Paper Crane would be wearable sooner, I suspect that the sleeves will take a looooong time. I need to think this one over a little more.

I've still been knitting on my stripey Yarn Chef socks:


but I also wound up some Twisted Fiber Arts sock yarn in the Vintage colorway to up my participation in the stripey sock knitalong on Ravelry. I wound it up, started knitting, then when I looked down at my yarn cake I noticed the coolest thing --


A Star of David! I didn't do anything specific to get it that way; it's just a trick of the winder. I'm almost sad to knit the socks and have that disappear, but knit I must. And it's such a pretty colorway:


I love how she gets her stripes to bleed and fade into each other, instead of being sharp and distinct blocks of color. The Lagoon socks that I just finished were a wee bit tight, so I went up 0.25 mm in needle this time. At first, I also worked the socks with 4 more stitches, but they were too big. Just that teeny adjustment in needle size was all I needed.

Then this arrived in the mail --


Isn't this cute? This is from Twisted Limone (unfortunately, she's out of stock of these cute little stripey yarn balls right now). I'm so tempted to cast on a third pair of stripey socks. So far I'm resisting, but I don't know how long I can hold out.

I am still spinning, too. I haven't for the last 2 days, but I'm almost done with the first bobbin of my Squoosh fiber:


I'm trying to spin this really fine, so it's taking a long time. I'm a bit of a spinning perfectionist, so I get bummed when I get a fiber blurp that affects the thickness of the single. Plus, I'm impatient. So I think my next spin will be a bit thicker, for more instant gratification.

I have about 2/3 of a fiber strip left to finish this bobbin, which is what I'm going to do right now. While I do that, I will try to decide which sleeves to knit first.

No comments: