Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Happy Holiday to All


It's Christmas morning, and all is quiet. Presents were opened, breakfast was eaten, and now Sr. Jr. and his dad have gone out for a mountain bike ride, so I'm home with not much to do.
The kids were happy with their presents, and I think hubster was, too, although his big present is a mountain bike that he has to pick out for himself. The guys race cyclocross, which started in or is associated with Belgium, and waffles are a big part of the fun around the sport, so I got a waffle maker for the family. We all had yummy waffles for breakfast this morning.

Then Jr. Jr. and I played Othello (another gift), and I dusted and vacuumed. Fun. The other day I started making the Dove socks from New Pathways for Sock Knitters out of some Socks that Rock that I have in the Corvid colorway, but I haven't picked them up today. Pictures will come when there's more to show.

We saw The Golden Compass the other day. I really liked it a lot. The books, of course, were wonderful. I thought that the movie did a great job of making that world come true. The girl who plays Lyra is spectacular. One of my favorite snarky movie review sites, Pajiba, harshed on her, but I disagree. I thought she was not only beautiful, but very talented as well. It's been a while since I read the books, but Sr. Jr. tells me that they did depart from the books a little bit. My guess is that they did that in order to make the trilogy easier to follow, but who knows.

Off to start working on the turkey dinner, but I hope everyone has a very healthy and happy holiday.

1 comment:

Scott T. said...

while Pajiba may be clever and snarky and fun in some ways, it is pointless and useless as actual reviews. The person who reviewed Alvin & the Chipmonks gave away the fact that he/she had already decided the movie was bad before ever seeing it (also referred to Dogma as mediocre, along with a bunch of other Kevin Smith movies). Waffles were great. Also associated with Belgium....chocolate -- Chocolate, waffles and 'cross http://www.velonews.com/diaries/rider/articles/13829.0.html

Next year perhaps Christmas in Belgium