Monday, December 17, 2007

Tell Me Why (I Don't Like Mondays)

Senior Junior remembered this morning before breakfast that he has a Social Studies project due tomorrow. Luckily, I pressed the issue, otherwise I would not have learned until 4:30 this afternoon that, in order to complete the project, he needs gold paint and modeling clay. So I added that errand to my already loooong list of things to do (laundry, bills, post office, toy store, shoe store, supermarket, more laundry, wrapping presents obtained at toy store, etc.).

I abandoned the flower basket shawl, although I may revisit it soon. I'm just continuing work on the Milkmaid's stockings while I ponder what to do next. This is when I wish people actually read this blog, and could help my indecisive ass figure out what to do next. There are so many ideas swirling about in my head that it seems ridiculous that I can't decide what to do next, but there you have it. Knitting ADD, I suppose.

We saw "Spamalot" this weekend. It was funny, but unsatisfying. It had most of the funny bits from the movie, with some Broadway parody stuff thrown in to round it out and make it more stage-worthy. The problem is that it almost seems as if it's just an attempt to capitalize on everyone's love for the movie. In that way, it reminds me of the Brady Bunch stage show that went around years ago while the hubster and I were still in law school. (The show was just a tongue-in-cheek reenactment of the "Oh, my nose!" BB episode.) But they did manage to work in "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life," (one of my favorite songs) from "Life of Brian."

To wipe away some of the whininess of this post, here's a cat picture. This one's Fiona, because she hasn't been given equal time thus far, but you can see some Gabby butt, too:

2 comments:

kippi said...

I just tried to leave you a really great reply but google ate it. So this one will be a Reader's Digest version.

Go for the milkmaid stockings. The sooner you finish the sooner you can milk your cow. That is what they're for, right?

On the political front I'm so bored with them all I'm actually rating them by hair style. And I think you need this shirt: http://www.threadless.com/product/428/Everyone_Poops My family owns two.

I enjoy your blog. found you through Ravelry whilst looking up something or another. I think that's where I found you anyway. I'm anonymous from the post a few days ago.

My brain is working today as I remember my google password. Day now counts as a success!

kippi

Loren T said...

It's nice to have a name to put with a comment, kippi, so welcome :)

I think you're right about the Milkmaid stockings. At this point, between holiday shopping, holiday parties, school breaks, etc., there isn't too much time to start anything that requires too much brainpower anyway.

Hair cuts... there's an interesting idea. But do you go by best, or worst? Do you go for the "I'm still a cute frat boy" look of Edwards, the anchorman/Ken doll look of Romney, the cool sleek Obama look, or the Richardson ruffle? It's a good thing Giuliani gave up on the awful comb-over, isn't it?

Have a great day,
Loren