Sunday, August 16, 2009

The One Thing I Forgot to Pack

We are here in Hilton Head after a relatively uneventful 9 hour drive. The nice thing about driving is that I can pack more to take with us than if we were flying. So I remembered my tea, my laptop, the mouse for my laptop for when I'm stalking Wollmeise and don't want to rely on my iffy touchpad, and all the DVDs for the car. I packed three different knitting projects, some of which are good for working on in the car, and one of which requires more concentration, plus all the little implements that go along with the knitting. I've got the Kindle and the current issue of the New Yorker. Sunscreen? Check. Toothpaste, floss and everyone's brushes? Yup. Bathing suits, flip flops, beach towels and boogie/skim boards. Golf clubs and bike helmets, too.

But the one little, teeny, tiny thing that I forgot? The cord that connects the camera to the laptops, so that I can't download pictures and upload them to the blog.

I'm sorry. I know wordy posts without pictures aren't fun, so tune back in next week for more interesting entries.

But -- Happy Birthday today to my darling husband, and on Friday to Senior Junior, who turns 12, and can finally call shotgun.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Wow--12! Sam is right behind him. In fact, the week we're at the beach, Samantha and her best friend (who is going with us), both turn 12 (9/1 and 9/2, respectively).

Have fun and stay out of hurricanes!