Thursday, December 24, 2009

Pre-Christmas blather

As predicted, the blizzard canceled the few days of school we had left before Winter Break. While I'm sad to have missed a couple of last days to shop and knit, I'm enjoying sleeping in and relaxing. I'm a much happier person when I get to sleep more than I normally do.

I continue to work (slowly) on Pas de Valse. Well, I haven't worked on it in over a week. Here's what I've got:


But I also started the Wollmeise lace knit along. The KAL goes from solstice to solstice and the requirement is only that you use Wollmeise lace yarn. So I wound up my skein of Sabrina (that's a teal-y) green and cast on 371 stitches to start Miralda's Triangular Shawl from Knitted Lace of Estonia. The shawl is worked from the bottom up, having you cast on all the stitches around the bottom of the triangle. You decrease as you knit, so that by the time you're done, there are only a few stitches left.

Here's the cast on:


I have actually knit a few rows on this, but that was after I put the camera away.

Poor overworked Mr. T has just arrived home to take the kids off to do something, so I'm going to get off the computer and go work on it some more :)

I'm hoping to start a Christmas Eve tradition of watching "Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail."

To all of you who celebrate, have a very Merry Christmas!

No comments: