Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Ah, Brothers...

I was hoping to have a detailed post about my finished Equestrian Jacket, complete with pictures of the miracles of blocking, but alas the miracles of drying haven't yet materialized, so I haven't been able to put the finishing touches on the sweater.

So instead, I will regale you with a story about brotherly interaction that should make all one of you smile. Jr. Jr. has this big pirate ship that he's been playing with lately. I can't remember whether he got it for a birthday, or Chrismukkah, or Chanumas, or what. The ship has a little anchor attached to it by a length of string about 1 1/2 feet long. As Jr. Jr. was playing with the ship, Sr. Jr. sat on the anchor, and then began to play with it, clearly in a way that would interfere with Jr. Jr.'s enjoyment of the rest of the apparatus. "Give it back to me!" I hear. "You weren't playing with it!" comes next. Ad nauseum. Finally, I call the boys into the study to try to determine what's going on. Jr. Jr. explains that Sr. Jr. has taken the anchor and won't give it back. Sr. Jr. explains that Jr. Jr. wasn't playing with it, so he had every right to take it any play with it.

"But isn't it attached to what he was playing with?" I ask.

"Yeah, but he wasn't playing with it!" was the response. *Sigh*

No comments: