Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Finis


The Dove socks are finished.


The birthday cupcakes are finished. (Have you ever thought about how disgusting supermarket icing is? It's really just Crisco, three different kinds of sugar, artificial flavorings, and preservatives. Yuck! No wonder I scrape it all off my cupcakes.)


On the left is what was left of the skein of Alpaca Cloud after I finished the body part of Miss Lambert's shawl. The whole body section took less than one skein of yarn. I did wind up a new skein for the edging, because I don't want to run out of yarn in the middle of the edging. I still really want to start that, but still really haven't had the time. On the right is a skein of Dream in Color's Smooshy in the In Vino Veritas colorway. Here's a closeup of the color:


Alas, my picture taking skillz aren't up to capturing the beauty of this yarn, which is like Prozac to me. It looks like a swirl of raspberry sauce, or the coloration on a beautiful rose. Just looking at this yarn, I can feel the synapses in my brain soothe themselves. I may just sit in a corner and look at it all night, smiling dopily. I'm trying to decide what to do with it. The lazy part of me just wants to do a plain, toe-up sock with no adornment or decoration whatsoever. Pure process knitting. But the yarn is so beautiful, doesn't it deserve a beautiful design? Any thoughts?

I just joined the Knitting Blogs webring, so welcome to all the new people who are stopping by! I'm glad to see you, and hear what you have to say in the comments. I may rant sometimes, but I'm really quite nice :)

No comments: