Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Alas, (Almost) No Pictures

Today I'm working upstairs on the laptop, because the main computer appears to be fighting with them there intertubes. Unfortunately, the laptop doesn't have any recent photos, so I can't show you my finished "Will Spring Never Come?" sock, made with that springy green duet yarn I showed you in a prior post. I did a straight stockinette toe-up sock, but added a ruffle at the top using the coordinating skein of green yarn, just to symbolize the flowering plants that I want to see, and soon. It came out very nicely, but you'll just have to take my word for it, right?

I also haven't gotten back to the spinning wheel since last week. Every time I think life will slow down, it speeds up. I think I will designate Friday as spinning day this week, because my calendar appears to be empty that day.

Baseball practices started yesterday, with both boys needing to be in different places at the same time, of course. Practices are 2-3 times a week, depending on which child you are. This makes dinner planning very awkward, too, but we all have fun, especially once it starts to warm up.

I think I will start swatching for the Flutter Sleeve cardigan this evening. It's cute, but I'm not sure how the sizing will work. The folks at Interweave Knits have an email thing going, called Knitting Daily. One of the neat things about Knitting Daily is that they do "sweater galleries" for the sweaters in the Knits issues. They put the featured sweaters on a bunch of different women who work there, and tell you what their measurements are compared to the sweaters, so you can see how they fit different women. This has been very educational for me! I've always worn my sweaters a little big, partly because I'm never sure exactly what size I am, and partly to avoid getting the girls too much attention, YKWIM? Looking at the gallery for Flutter Sleeve, I decided I liked the fit best when it had one and a half inches of positive ease, meaning that the sweater was one and a half inches wider around than the body it was covering. At my widest point(s), I measure 36 inches around, so a 37.5 inch sweater would be ideal. However, the sweater is sized for 36 inches or 40 inches. I'm going to look at the pattern more closely to see whether I can just add a few stitches to the 36 inch size, or whether a more complicated fix is required. I'll lay it all out for you when I figure it out.

In the meantime, here's a great picture of Mr. T. Isn't he a hottie?

(photo by Kevin Dillard, http://www.demoncats.com/)

2 comments:

Scott T. said...

my, he is one handsome man, like George Clooney handsome, only brooding and intense. I hear he's got a killer bod, too, all lean and fit.

No need to hide those girls. Let them see the sun.

Was there some part of this post about knitting? I missed it.

Anonymous said...

HAWT. (and humble)

k