Saturday, March 1, 2008

Spring in a Box

And a closer look at the colors:

I'm really craving Spring. It seems like this Winter has gone on forever. I think you can see my cravings made manifest in my most recent fiber purchases! Here we have some Duet "Skinny" sock yarn in Spring Willow. It's unbelievably soft, and looks like it should be knit on size 0 or 000 needles. The colors remind me of the greens of the shoots of plants sprouting for Spring. The fiber with blues and greens is Tempted's handpainted merino and silk roving in the "Heavenly" colorway, while the roving with the apricots and browns is Blue Faced Leicester "Rufus Lupus." All of these tempting goodies were purchased from the lovely people at The Loopy Ewe. Did I mention that my spinning wheel has been calling out to me?

I probably won't start any spinning this weekend, however. My sister in law is in town with her husband and son, visiting my father-in-law, who is currently undergoing chemotherapy and radiation treatments for lung cancer (not too severe or advanced, thank goodness), so we're going out to spend the afternoon with all of them. SIL's son, M., is the same age as Jr. Jr., and they get along wonderfully.

Soon I hope to have pictures of the finished pair of Dove Socks (I'm halfway through the second). Hopefully these pictures will be better than the last, so you can see the detail better.

I'm also anxious to see what happens in the primaries on Tuesday. The Democratic race is certainly getting heated. Curiouser and curiouser!

On the funny kid note... I had Jr. Jr.'s school conference yesterday. It was all very good, but you've gotta love a teacher who says at the end of the conference, "He's less of a weasel now than he was at the beginning of the year," referring to said child's propensity to try to bat his adorable eyelashes to get out of trouble!

1 comment:

kippi said...

you spin???? That is one thing I haven't tried nor considered. I'm afraid I will like it and I decidedly do NOT need anything else to tempt my time.

That is a cute story about your son.

I've done nothing except enjoy my visiting sister's company. It has been great. :-)

I really do think you should write up that sock pattern, put it in ravelry and watch the crowd flock to your blog.

Today's the day I get to vote again.