Friday, April 24, 2009

Change of Plans?

In my last post, I presented a bunch of choices I'm considering for the Kieler Sprotte socks I plan to start when I finish the Angee socks. Allow me to present to you the combination I will use, if I am brave enough to use some of these almost-too-good-to-use colors:


That's the new Wollmeise color, Neptun, on the left. The problem is that I only have one skein of the Neptun (and the Frosch, on the right), and I may love them too much to use yet. We'll see. I think the colors really pop together :)

This, of course, is predicated on my actually finishing the Angee socks. There's been little knitting time and I foresee little more until at least mid-week next week. The good news is that I've only got about 3/4 of the foot left to go.

Here are some more lovelies:


That's a skein of Poison No. 5 I got in a swap, next to Petit Poison lace, yum. I've been waiting a long time for Petit Poison lace to be available, and I lucked out being around for the last update.

From lovelies to yummies:



This was Sr. Jr.'s celebratory cherry pie. It was really good. He was a happy boy.

In addition to the good report card, he got an overall grade of 96 on his science project, so he continues to be really happy. (He was so stressed out about that project and the oral presentation, so I was happy he did well.)

So that's the quick pre-weekend update. It will be a typical spring weekend, with baseball games, birthday parties, and bike races. Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

kippi said...

Pretty! I like the color combination of the teal with the lime. Use that. And with your Wollmeise mojo, you will be able to get more.

Sr. Jr. earned that lovely pie.

Enjoy your parties and baseball.