Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sneak Peeks

Not much going on here today. I spent the day cleaning, including attacking the grout in my shower with a toothbrush. Fun times. We motored off to baseball, only have Sr. Jr. take ill after we got there, so we're back home now. In the spirit of found time, I offer you a sneak peek:

First, I've started the second pair of socklets for my mother-in-law:

I got through the heel turn, but haven't started the gusset yet. I also did this:

Or, for another view (and an attempt to capture the color):

The fact that I have picked a yarn and wound it into a ball can only mean one thing, right? I wonder what it will be?

We will be watching the debate tonight, I think. This one's pivotal. It's a town-hall style debate, which McCain favors and usually does well at, BUT, audiences at town-hall debates generally do NOT like negative attacks. Given that McCain has already stated that he will be going (more) negative on Obama, he could end up shooting himself in the foot.

It's no secret that I'm not supporting McCain, but I used to respect him. I lost a lot of respect for him over the last eight years, watching him kowtow to Bush and throw aside his principles for political gain. But I have never been so ashamed of him as I have been this week, as his campaign has sunk to horrendous depths, playing on racism and fear that characterize not the lowest common denominator, but the depths way below that. It's cheap, it's dirty, and hopefully, it will backfire.

In the meantime, one of my new favorite places on these here tubes is 538. It appeals to my political passion and the geekiest of my geek tendencies. And they're predicting a big Obama win. What's not to like?

No comments: